Thursday, May 13, 2010

Silly Post Of The Day

I was considering some fictional character (don't recall who) receiving comeuppance, and felt it should come in the form of pie. Yes, a comeuppance pie. Which they would be hit in the face with naturally.

Your mission is to decide what a comeuppance pie would taste like, and what its ingredients would be. Prefereably actual edible ingredients, so not socks you wore while working in a rainstorm, then hung up to air dry so they're sweaty, dirty, and rancid. Sorry for that image.

I think it has to taste bitter, but must look and smell appealing. That way, the person receiving it sees the pie and thinks they are receiving a delicious victory pie, only to get this horrible comeuppance pie instead. I'm thinking along the line of mock apple pie. Theythink it's apple pie, but it's actually Ritz crackers and some seasonings. Curses, they'll say, I thought I was eating real apples! How could I have been fooled thusly?

The problem is, having eaten mock apple pie, it is tasty. The tomfoolery is there, but not the unpleasant taste sensation. Perhaps the key is to change the seasonings to something that will make it taste horrible. Ooh, let's use garlic isntead of cinnamon! Or horseradish! Or that armadillo carcass I saw on the highway this morning!

What? Armadillos are edible. I guess*. Those are my thoughs, but I bet you can comeup with something truly devious.

* I'm at the northern edge of their recently expanding range, and I've heard relatives refer to them as "opossums in overcoats". Opossums are considered food by some, so I imagine armadillos can be as well.

No comments: