Monday, October 04, 2010

I'd Rather Have A Cosmic Book, But I Take What I Can

How do you think the new Heroes for Hire series will do? Not saleswise, I have no expectations that this will be the time were it's a big success, but that's OK. None of the series I like these days seem to sell anyway.

It's Abnett and Lanning, which I find sort of encouraging, but I'm only familiar with their cosmic stuff, which I don't think will describe this title, so I don't know how that's going to play out. Still, it looks like an oddball collection of characters working together, and they can still face plenty of strange things, so I have some hope.

There is the matter of them using the Punisher. I think Ennis' work with the character in the MAX universe has pretty much ruined him for me in the Marvel Universe. I know there are folks extolling the crazy fun of Franken-Castle, but him interacting with costumed vigilantes hasn't interested me for awhile. Maybe the cast will rotate, so Frank will only be there occasionally. Or he'll quickly come to his senses and ditch the team after the first mission.

I figure I might as well give it a try, seeing as there's not much else at Marvel catching my eye these days. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

No comments: