Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I Have To Ease Back Into This

I'm back! I hope each of you had a nice Monday and Tuesday, whatever special meaning (or lack thereof) they held for you. I'm leaving again in the morning, and I shan't return until some time after 2008 has begun. It's unlikely I'll have any Internet access during that time, so any activity on the blog is likely up to all of you. To that end, I'm going to ask you a silly little question tonight, and then I've got what might be a more ambitious one planned for you tomorrow.

For tonight, I'm posing a question that I thought of thanks to all the times FX has been showing Home Alone lately. Here's what I'm wondering: if young Kevin McAllister had not decided to booby trap his home with blowtorches, paint cans, and nail set on steps covered in tar, what would Marv and Harry have done to him when they broke into his house?

I mean, by the time Kevin had run out of traps, Pesci was ready to kill him, but I don't think he would have had that in mind from the start. Killing a kid is all kinds of a bad idea, especially since I doubt either Wet Bandit had the skill to make it look like an accident. So what could they do? Tie him up and leave him in a closet? What if he starves to death (they have no idea when his family's coming back)? Just rip out all the phones? He could climb out a window, and run for the cops. Kidnap him?

I don't know. I'm just throwing it out there, you'll have plenty of time to consider an answer to this and tomorrow's post until I get back.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember that, in the old Sega Genesis Home Alone game, if you got caught by Harry or Marv they would pick you up, hang you from a coat hanger and then continue about their burgling.

Honestly, I think by the time I actually got into the house (after having stepped in tar, impaling my foot on a nail and being feathered), I would have just given up. You'd think that no house would be worth that much grief.

-M