Sunday, December 16, 2007

The New Era Begins Now!

That's right! Me and all the other hotshot bloggers, we're heading off, to form our own. . . blogging . . . thing. Bugger, what would be the blog equivalent of the creation of Image? Ah, forget it, it's all tomfoolery anyway. It's not the start of a new era, it's just the start of Year 3 here at Reporting on Marvels and Legends. Year 2 was, I believe, a bit more serious. More attempts at critiques of the art and writing, less absurdist silliness. Whether that's good or bad, I leave to you. The pace slowed, from 352 posts in Year 1, to 338 in Year 2. Tha'ts a 4% decline in posting! At that rate, I'll be doing fewer than 100 posts a year by *brings out calculator* Year 32! Nooooo!

I'm not going to make any comments about what lies ahead for the blog, since I made some promises last year that didn't materialize *cough Spider-Man: Giant Slayer cough more GrimJack cough*, so lets just play it by ear. But just so you don't go away feeling like it was a waste, here's a collection of some of my favorite posts from Year 1, arranged chronologically. I figured some of you might be new readers, and haven't had the opportunity to go through the archives, so this would be an easy way to see some of the early days.

2005:
I'm so sorry for this.
Why let a character go to waste.

2006:
Mysticism in the Spider-Verse.
Remembering Casey's X-Men.
Max Lord-related stupidity.
Skewering Maximum Carnage.
Tony Stark, being sneaky.
An idea for Avengers Disassembled.
My first art examination.
Dissecting a good issue of New Avengers.
My favorite post ever.
Thinking of what could have been.
This started as Darkseid vs. Thanos, and turned into something more, I think.
Osborn vs. Osborn!
Again with Osborns, but this time, it's their hair!
Do masks make people younger?
Harmless Insanity, Ha!
I'm putting this in for the comments as much as anything.
Had to slot a book post in here somewhere.
I shouldn't make fun of the editors, but I did.
I am such a hack.
And here's the token anime post. It's still a good post.
I scare myself sometimes, I really do.
I seem to discuss Cable frequently, even though I don't much care for him. Probably a sign of a good writer.
Discussing Spider-Man's eyes!
And the story of how the blog began. It's technically a Year 2 post, but what the hell.

3 comments:

SallyP said...

Congratulations! Happy Anniversary! Merry Chrismahanukwanzikaa!

SallyP said...

...Oh, and a kiss to Adorable Baby Panda.

Jason said...

Congrats on another year of blogging!

Be sure to buy the ABP some ice cream to celebrate.