Friday, February 22, 2008

The Band's All Here

I'm glad you're back. {I'm glad to be back. Wait, wouldn't a scene like this happen at the end of the show?} I'm not sure. {Doesn't matter. It's our blog, we can make the rules whatever we want.} Cool! Does that mean I can stay up past 10? {No.} Please? {No.} What if we're still working on this post? {We won't be, but if we were, then you'd toddle off to bed, and I'd wrap it up myself.} No fair! {Still glad to have me back?} Maybe not.

Well now I'm in a bad mood, so I'm starting with bonks. {You lack subtlety! You can't just announce how you're feeling! That makes me feel angry!} You're making a joke, aren't you? {Trying.} I don't think it worked. Bonk for Green Arrow. He likes to get snooty with people a little too much. {That's one of his defining characteristics, acting morally superior without just cause. I think the goatee comes free with it.} I'm also going to Bonk Ms. Marvel and Spider-Man because they weren't very friendly towards Deadpool. {That was pretty rude, and Wade even complimented Carol on her sash.} It is very pretty. {I know! The red really offsets the deep blues, or is it black, of the majority of her costume.} Bonk for Dr. Frankenstein, for what he did to his son. You're supposed to treasure your kids! {He did treasure his son. He just treasured him a lot more once he removed the kid's brain and inserted his own. How the heck did he do that anyway?} Maybe he taught his monster to do it?

Grace and Thunder gets Hugs because they didn't get to go on the cool mission, and have to sit around with the, what do they call that thing? {REMAC, I think.} That's terrible. {Pretty much.} Hug for Deadpool, because he had to injure himself, and because his series ended. {He's supposed to be getting another series, don't worry.} Really? {Yeah, he's probably out getting himself ready for it as we speak. If he's not still parked in front of the TV.} Hooray! Hugs for Chores and Wendell because they both almost died. Oh, and a Bonk for Orson because he kept running away. Stand and fight! {As someone who's been chased by bloodthirsty squirrels, I can attest that running is often a wise decision.} But you don't have superpowers! {Technically, I don't think the squirrels did either.} You're undermining my point! {But he does stand and fight when his friends are in danger, just not when he's the only one at risk. But, it is his own fault he was in that mess, so bonk away.} Thank you.

Applause for Katana and Metamorpho, for protecting one teammate from another. And Applause for Batgirl letting Green Arrow work out his issues with her. {When it comes to violence, Cassandra seems to be very accommodating.} Applause for all of Orson's friends for sticking with him, and Applause for the Green Mist, for being willing to change. {And for being an awesome Golden Age character.} Applause for Bob for stopping that dinosaur. {With the power of billboards, no less.} Applause to Deadpool for saving Manhattan, and for making fun of Spider-Man about One More Day. {Agreed, thank you Deadpool, wherever you are!} [I'm standing right behind you.] {Eeekk!} [Pretty good vertical there.] {Geez Wade!} [Oh relax, it's not like I'd actually hurt ya. Besides, if I keep this up, you'll turn into a lean heroing machine like Bob in no time.] {Great, I think.}

{Are we done?}
Yep, that's everything. {Great, then it's off to bed for you.} But it's not 10 yet! {I make the rules on this blog, and I say it is, so off to be - thud!} [Nerve pinch. Works wonders. Time to stay up late and watch trashy TV! You with me?] Yeah!

4 comments:

Seangreyson said...

Have to say Cable-Deadpool #50 was one of the best books I've read in a while. Action, humour and guest stars that actually worked in the story.
Plus the farewell notes from the staff were all pretty nice as well.

Plus it's not every day that you get to see someone kick a venom/dinosaur in the face. :)

SallyP said...

I do have to say, a hug to Cable for sending that cool weapon to Wade. And a hug to Wade for BEING cool. Dinosaurs are always fun.

A bonk to the Suicide Squad for being stupid enough to think that they could take on the Justice League. Please.

A bonk to the Teen Titans for being snotty to Garth. A hug to Aquaman for rubbing their faces in it. And yes, Green Arrow is a pill, but his comment about Wonder Woman's magic earrings MORE than makes up for it.

CalvinPitt said...

seangreyson: Don't forget the shooting of Venomosaurs in the face! Especially as they're trying to eat the gun.

sallyp: That was nice of Cable. I hope Wade holds on to it, then Cable will have an excuse to drop by and they can hang out.

As to the Suicide Squad, I believe they got away with fighting the Justice League once before, back in the Giffen/Dematteis days, so they probably figured, why not? At least Vixen and Bronze Tiger got to see each other.

CaptainAverage said...

Ooo, bad panda! I'm tellin!And Wade, you should be asha..ah, who am I kidding, you rock Wade! You too ABP