Sunday, February 24, 2008

Non Photoshop-Related Fun With Comic Covers

So let's be silly today, howzabout it? I've got an idea for a fun game with comic solicitations. You go and find a cover in the solicitations, and make up a plot synopsis for it, the kind that they might put under the cover to entice you to buy it, that works with the cover. I figure if the companies are going to do these generic pin-up covers that tell us jack all about the actual issue, we might as well decide for ourselves what happens. Here I'll start. I'm going to use the Iron Man cover for April.

Sucked into his own mini-black hole bomb, Tony Stark was thrown back through time and is now trapped in Great Britain during the Gilded Age! Or he was. Now he's dead, and through the magic of optograms Scotland Yard has discerned the last thing he saw - a red-and-yellow metal man. Can they uncover the truth behind his death?

Hmm, it might be a good idea to read the solicitation that goes with the cover, just in case. I hadn't actually done that until after I typed this. Fortunately, it appears the Knaufs are going a different way. And I know, if he's actually dead it would end the series, but think about it, he's also at a different point in the past with Dr. Doom and the Sentry, so that Tony can always go back and save this Tony if need be. Multiple Iron Mans are go!

So now it's your turn. To your blogs, and write, write, WRITE! And then put a link in these here comments, 'kay? C'mon, it'll be fun. Really it will. It's your world, be as crazy as you want to be!

Sallyp introduces us to the Green Lantern Corps' newest foe!

2 comments:

SallyP said...

I think I like your version a whole lot more than the actual one.

Jason said...

Dude, I totally meant to do this and even picked out a cover. Hopefully I'll get to it tonight or tomorrow.