Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Your Own Super-Villain Team-Up

I was talking about Alex last week, and math entered the discussion somehow. I believe he made some sort of calculation that was wrong, and I corrected him. He declared math to be his arch-nemesis. He went on to state that if he had a nemesis more arch than math, he'd like for it to fight math. . . and lose. Knowing something which could be an even greater nemesis, I asked him if that meant he wanted thunderstorms to fight math. We each took a moment to envision it, before I mentioned it would be bad news if they set aside their differences and teamed up against him. Lightning bolts in the shape of pi signs were envisioned. Thunder asking for the Pythagorean Theorem was hypothesized.

So, your silly hypothetical for the day is, what arch-nemeses of yours would team-up? None of mine are quite as powerful as Alex', so it'll have to be a Frightful Four of venomous snakes, unsteady heights, and elderly people driving minivans*. So I'm envisioning the minivan having a snake catapult like that bad guy from Speed Racer, as they try and force me to climb a series of rickety ladder onto various slick and/or slanted surfaces, which will also be covered with venomous snakes.

There might actually be a good chance at infighting there. Figure the elderly person misses me and hits on of the ladders, then the snakes get peeved and attacker the minivan and its driver, they start getting run over, and the van goes out of control and smashes into one of the buildings I was supposed to climb on top of, bringing it down on them as I escape unscathed, possibly laughing like Woody Woodpecker**.

* Yes, that's two. Elderly people driving are one, minivans are another, regardless of who is behind the wheel.

** I've had the oddest urge to laugh like him lately. But it's not really my normal laugh. My laugh is more, how can I put this, evil? Like Hedley Lamarr in Blazing Saddles.

3 comments:

Rol said...

My nemeses are a hateful job with the power to destroy anyone's soul and a tragic lack of self confidence. Oh, and Audi drivers. If ever they teamed up, they'd be unstoppable.

joe ackerman said...

a fat person in a Tottenham shirt who thinks the X-Men are cool.

oh, wait, no, that happened the other night, in the pub. . .

or did I dream it?

CalvinPitt said...

rol: That does sound like a pretty rough combination.

joe bloke: Well, if it happened, then you may have already defeated your nemeses, in which case, congrats.

If it was a dream, then your subconscious is warning you to prepare for the battle what lies ahead.