Wednesday, April 06, 2011

If You Don't Want To read About A Dream I Had, Come Back Tomorrow

I figure I at least owe you a warning.

In the dream I became annoyed with these salespeople were trying to sell me something pricey and unnecessary when I came in to buy some perfume*. I ended up telling them they'd cost the store a sale, and walked out in a rather snooty fashion. I think I held my nose up in the air as I spun and left.

That's not too weird, because while I know salespeople are just doing their job, and they need those commissions, I hate the hard sell. It riles up the contrarian in me, because I know what I wanted, and here's this person trying to convince me I don't really know what I want, I should want what they tell me to want.

Anyway, the entire sales staff of the store took umbrage with that, so they opened fire as I left the store. Not unusual; Dream Me is not real great at making friends (at least not in the dreams I remember). At least Dream Me is cooler under fire. I returned fire, and actually hit the two I aimed at, which is strange, because I'm a lousy shot, whether in the dream world** or the waking one.

They gave chase, and I was actually running well. Usually it's like being in slow-motion. Or worse, I turn to look over my shoulder, and start doing these pirouettes I can't stop. It's gotten to the point some part of my mind won't let Dream Me look over his shoulder while running, because it knows that'll happen. This time, though, I was zipping along. Not super-speed, just running at a good clip, and not feeling winded or hampered. Maybe that real-world jogging is paying off.

* I think this means I've played too much Persona 3 recently, since perfume is something you can buy for a girl you're seeing, though not all the girls like perfume. That, and the dream started in a bookstore, where I was browsing the shelves with a character from the game. Well too bad subconscious, I'm not going to stop playing Persona 3!

** In dreams, this doesn't extend to people I'm observing shooting. They can be quite good shots. But if I'm the person doing the shooting, yeah, the target is more than likely got nothing to worry about.

No comments: