Saturday, March 24, 2012

Does Where You Plot To Rule The World Say A Lot About You?

If you could have a secret hideout anywhere, where would it be? Obviously we're assuming time, money, technology are not limiting factors.

I meant to pose this to my coworkers, but I've only managed to ask one so far. They initially opted for a base inside a volcano, but seemed to change their mind a vote for a yacht they could launch missiles from. Note that I didn't specify the hideout had to be for evil plans. It could be where you wage your war on crime, or people who poor grammar. Or it could be where you plot to conquer the universe. Whatever floats your boat.

My preference is to have a base inside a mountain, since I could hide my hypothetical fleet of airships in there easily enough, but now that I'm thinking about it a little more, a base at the end of time could be handy. You know, like Vanishing Point from the Booster Gold comics. I'd initially be a little concerned about getting anywhere from there, but if I'm capable of establishing a stable place to live, work, and plot there, then I must be capable of getting when and where I'd want to be from there, right?

Right.

So what about you? Mars? Bottom of the ocean? Top five floors of a sky-rise apartment building? Nondescript cabin in the woods?

No comments: