Saturday, October 27, 2012

How To Transition To This From Yesterday

I think one of the keys to any job is enjoying it. Ideally, this would be easy, because we would all get to do things we loved. In the real world, that often isn't how it works, which means you have to find your joys where you can.

I tend to like my job. It has its less endearing days, but on the whole, I'm get to do something I enjoy, at least some of the time. Which doesn't mean I don't look for any extra boost I can find. This week it was the realization that because of the location and circumstances of my job, a coworkers can say 'Speaking of squirrel balls. . .' and have it be a perfectly legitimate segue into their anecdote. It's not even the specific subject matter. More that our jobs give us a set of common experiences that allow for more than one person in a discussion to have a story on a topic that unusual.

No comments: