Monday, January 19, 2015

This Is Sour Grapes. I Don't Care.

It's fortunate the NBA season has a lot going to keep my interest, because this isn't much of a Super Bowl match-up for me. Admittedly, my interest in the playoffs faded rapidly once Arizona (predictably) lost behind the craptastic quarterbacking of Ryan Lindley*. but hell, Arizona has typically been eliminated long before the Super Bowl, and I'll still have one outcome I find more palatable.

Not so much in this case. I don't want Brady to tie Montana with a 4th ring, or for Belichick to get another one, either, so rooting for the Patriots is out. At the same time, the Seahawks are a divisional foe of the team I root for, so I'm not rooting for them. besides, their fans are already a big enough bunch of dipshits after one championship, I'm not sure the world could handle them if they repeat. And because the Super Bowl is in Arizona's stadium, I can't even root for the ever-popular Meteorite Strike.

So. . . yeah, how 'bout that race for the 8th seed in the Western Conference? Can Russell Westbrook use his total disdain for the local media to propel the Thunder up the seedings? In all seriousness, the West is fascinating, because I feel like the team that wins it will be the one that best manages to avoid those one or two teams that are just lousy matchups for them. Well, that or it'll be the team that's healthiest at the end of the season.

* I've seen a lot of bad QBs start for Arizona. Max Hall, Derek Anderson, John Navarre, Stoney Case, Matt Leinart, the desiccated remains of Jim McMahon in 1994. Lindley's the worst though, to the point that when he starts, I can barely even fool myself into believing maybe the defense and special teams can pull one out on their own, because I'm sure he'll undo whatever success they have. If he ever starts again for the Cardinals, I'll have to assume Bruce Arians actually really hates the fanbase.

4 comments:

SallyP said...

Oh...ummm...Well I'm from New England, so I'm simply delighted. Now LAST year was tedious beyond measure!

SallyP said...

Oh...ummm...Well I'm from New England, so I'm simply delighted. Now LAST year was tedious beyond measure!

SallyP said...

Oops.

CalvinPitt said...

I would have been more OK with last year's Super Bowl if it hadn't been such a rout. That's one good thing about this year's game, it ought to be competitive.