Saturday, February 07, 2015

I Should Post This Before The Next Round of Solicits Hits

First order of business in discussing the solicits for April's releases. Since I didn't send an order to my comic guy, there's no telling whether he'll send anything. In which case, by the time I decide to actually buy them, I may have heard a lot of negative stuff and change my mind. So this is kind of theoretical. Like, I want to get Deadpool #45, which is supposed to be the last issue of the current volume, but I don't think I want to pay 10 bucks for it. So I may not buy that one until several months after its release, when I can get a perhaps slightly damaged copy at a lower price. Like I said, as long as its readable and doesn't fall to pieces, I'm not too worried about condition.

I went over the Convergence mini-series I was thinking about buying a couple of weeks ago. Ultimately I settled on Batgirl, Suicide Squad, and JLI. But if I hear nothing but bad things when they come out, I may revise that plan. The joys of no longer feeling locked in because I specifically ordered something.

Pretty quiet on the Marvel front. Captain Marvel's tie-in to the Black Vortex came a month later than I expected, but there it is. As mentioned, Deadpool's ending for the moment, though I feel the rumors of his death have to be a joke. I'm hard-pressed to believe he's going to get killed by the incompetent dopes of U.L.T.I.M.A.T.U.M. Daredevil is either wrapping up, or getting really close. I wonder what Secret Wars is going to do to books like Ant-Man and Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, that have barely started? It feels like some of these books are ending because of the big shake-up, but if so, it was kind of stupid to start up a bunch of new titles.

I'm sure the stupid one is me, for thinking Marvel employed any sort of long-term thought or planning to all this. They really do careen from one thing to the next like a hog on ice.

2 comments:

SallyP said...

I am so not looking forward to the whole Secret Wars thing. On the other hand, Convergence makes me nervous too.

CalvinPitt said...

Of the two right now, I'm more hopeful for Convergence. It feels like it's own little thing, whereas Secret Wars feels like it's going to jam its fingers into everyone's pies.