Saturday, June 06, 2015

Summer Doldrums

There wasn't much new business in the solicitations for August. I did see Guy Gardner is apparently going to be in that Lost Army book, something I wasn't aware of previously. I'm sure that will be of interest to a few people. That Captain Britain book, the one with Alan Davis art, turned out to only be two issues. Funny how the solicit for the first issue neglected to mention that. Orders on it couldn't have been that bad, could they?

Frankly, it was more about what's not in the solicits. Rocket Raccoon is still missing. Was it replaced by the Groot book, did Skottie Young not want to deal with Secret Wars, and the book will be back after that's over? Is it just done, period?

Daredevil was missing, and I was pretty sure there was still one issue to go. Ant-Man's regular series still hasn't resumed shipping, as they're going with some one-shot where Scott Lang has a big party to celebrate the end of the world or something. It's still by Spencer and Rosanas, at least. Unbeatable Squirrel Girl is still chugging along, thankfully.

Master of Kung-Fu ends in August. Roche Limit: Clandestiny will have one more issue to go. I decided I'm definitely not buying Spider-Island, not even to get the Spider-Girl back-up. Sorry, can't do it. There's just not a lot out there I'm interested in, especially with Clevinger and Wegener going digital with Atomic Robo, so I don't have that mini-series I usually did to carry me through into the fall. I hope they at least still release trades for it eventually.

No comments: