Tuesday, February 16, 2016

I Can't Forget To Mention This

This is your official two months away heads up for the 2016 Cape Girardeau Comic Convention! I didn't attend last year's, because I decided to hang out with my friend and help him with all the work-related crap he had going that weekend instead, so I can't speak to how that one went. I still feel confident in saying I made a mistake, and should have gone alone.

That won't be a problem this year! I'm prepared to go if I have to tell my bosses I have pancreatic cancer to get out of any weekend work crap. I may also be willing to get pancreatic cancer to really sell it. Then it's not lying, just a poor life decision.

It looks like they're still adding guests and vendors on the web site, since I checked early last week, and Rich Burchett wasn't there then, and he is now. Maybe I can ask him to draw Night Thrasher again, like I did at Project Comic-Con in 2012, and see if he reacts incredulously again! One thing I've enjoyed about Cape Con over the years is that, for the size of it, I think it has a lot of smaller press and independent press artists and writers, and that seems to be the case again this year, judging by the list of them on the vendors page.

Anyway, now that you've been reminded, there's no excuse for not making some reservations to be there April 16th and 17th.

No comments: