Thursday, June 30, 2016

Quietly Quality Months Are Fine

Last month's solicitations had quite a few things going on I was interested in. This month's solicits, not so much. First order of business: the Atomic Robo mini-series is "Temple of Od", not "Temple of Ood", which I think is what I typed last time.

Deadpool is finally emerging from the haze of Civil War II tie-ins, so maybe it would be a good idea for me to just wait until then to start picking the book up again. I sat out Axis, but I want to think the creative can make something of this tie-in. Patsy Walker, aka Hellcat is wrapping up its second arc. More importantly, there's no indication the book is ending with said second arc. I worry because I'd read it's not selling in the direct market, but maybe digital sales or critical acclaim is carrying it forward. I'll take whatever I can get.

Detective Comics is going to have a crossover with some of the other Bat-books. Pass. As someone (potentially) buying the book for Cass, Steph, and Tim, I'm disappointed the solicits only ever seem to mention Batman, Batwoman, or sometimes Nightwing. I don't give a crap about any of them, and this makes me think I'd be wasting my time buying the book. Wonderful when I can practically talk myself out of buying something before I've even started.

DC's also shipping the Rebirth issue for Batman Beyond the same month they ship the final issue of the current Batman Beyond series, which seems as though it could cause confusion. I doubt they'll screw it up this severely, but I'd laugh pretty hard if the Rebirth issue ships before the other one. I'm lying, I wouldn't laugh, I'd shake my head like an adult deeply disappointed by their child or pet doing something stupid.

Other than that, Henchgirl, Wynonna Earp, and Darkwing Duck are all chugging along. Nothing else really jumped out and demanded my attention, but that's OK.

No comments: