Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Two Months? But I Want Cape-Con Now!

This is your regular two months' heads up for the 2017 Cape Girardeau Comic Convention! Look, this is basically the only time each year I shill for something, so deal with it. I'm expecting this to be the first convention I go to in 2017, and I'm looking forward to it as usual. I might even get Alex to go along this year, assuming he can wake up early up on Saturday, April 22nd*. And hopefully I won't feel rushed since I won't have to dash back so I can be ready for work Sunday (stupid turkey season).

I believe Ken's still trying to line up more guests, so the list there probably isn't complete. But Brian Koschak has something cool to buy every year, a print, or a teaser for a comic he's hoping to get picked up. Lorenzo Liana did a Darkhawk sketch for me at last year's Cape Con. Brian Rhodes created Mike and the Ninja, which Alex has all three volumes of, plus he's got a new comic out, Six Legs, No Heart.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed the weather's nice and there isn't too much road construction that weekend.

* Although considering they're opening the doors at 9 a.m. on Saturday, and we're at least a three hour drive, the odds are pretty good we're just going to stay up all night and then go in the morning. I'm gonna be caffeinated up the wazoo that day.