Thursday, April 20, 2017

Violence Set To Music Sticks With Me, Apparently

Simple question for a post tonight: What are songs you link with a particular movie? Not songs written for that movie, but preexisting ones the film used, and now you think of that film when you hear the song?

I was watching a show with a bunch of music videos, and realized I hadn't seen several of the videos before. Instead I had scenes from films I associated with the songs.

At this point, both Salt-N-Pepa's "Shoop" and DMX's "X Gon' Give to Ya" are linked with Deadpool, for example. Or The Beat's "Mirror in the Bathroom" is tied to the high school reunion fight scene from Grosse Pointe Blank.

So what are some for you?

2 comments:

thekelvingreen said...

Ferris Bueller's Day Off has a few -- "Oh Yeah" and "Danke Schoen" spring to mind -- and "Don't You (Forget About Me)" is inseparable from The Breakfast Club for me.

"Let it Snow" and "Ode to Joy" both make me think of Die Hard, but I may be just a weirdo.

CalvinPitt said...

Hmm, I could see "ode to joy" certainly. I know it works that way for me sometimes. That, is it Run DMC Christmas song playing in the limo at the start I definitely associate with Die Hard, through.

Oh, and "Electric Avenue" with Pineapple Express.