Monday, November 30, 2020

The Shortest Month is Short on Options

So, what's coming out in February?

DC's wrapping up Future State. Hard pass. Maybe after that's over they'll transition into something I'm actually interested in. Anything's possible, right? 

Kyle Higgins and Marcello Costa have a new series out called Radiant Black, about a guy in his early 30s (that makes him a millenial, right? I can't keep track of where the generations start and end) whose life is going nowhere, and then he gets cool powers. Powers that he wasn't supposed to get. I don't know if I'll buy it, but it was the most notable thing I saw from Image.

If I'm still buying Sea of Sorrows come February, it'll be up to issue 4. Marvel is still not done with King in Black. The thing I appreciated about Empyre was that it was over quickly. It came and went in three months. King in Black feels like it's been going for a million years. At least that stupid X of Swords thing will be over by then. I've seen scans from some of the issues, there is appallingly little sword-fighting being done in an event about swords.

That said, Black Cat will still be in tie-in mode, so I guess I'm stuck with symbiotes for a little while longer. (Seriously, do they not still have the fire and sound weaknesses? How hard is it to trounce these things?) Taskmaster is up to issue 4 if, like Sea of Sorrows, I'm still buying it. No idea about that Power Pack mini, but apparently that Paul Grist/Andrea DiVito The Union mini-series that was supposed to be part of Empyre, is coming out starting in December, and it'll be up to issue 3 by February. Plus that Larry Hama Iron Fist book. So that's four things, at least.

Outside that, not a lot going. Kaiju Score 4 and Sympathy for No Devils 5 from Aftershock. The trade for Bleed Them Dry will be out from Vault. Something I did not realize from the one solicit I read for issue 6 a few months back, the series is set in the year 3333. So futuristic cops versus vampires. Not sure if that makes a difference for me or not.

Seven Seas Entertainment has volume 6 of Precarious Woman Executive Miss Black General. I think volume 5 just came out last week, though, so I'd have to get that first. Add it to the list. As far as entirely new things, the only one that caught my eye was White Lily, by Preston Poulter and Lavalle Davis, about Soviet fighter pilot Lilya Litvak. I don't typically read war comics, let alone biographical war comics, but it might be worth a shot. The new normal of the buy list not being cramped continues undisturbed.

No comments: