Monday, February 08, 2021

What I Bought 2/5/2021

I thought I was going to have two comics to pick up last week, although I was confused by why the Black Knight mini-series was starting a month earlier than solicited. But no, that was actually a King in Black one-shot that I guess leads into whatever the mini-series is gonna be about. Never mind, then.

Runaways #33, by Rainbow Rowell (writer), Andres Genolet (artist), Dee Cunniffe (color artist), Joe Caramagna (letterer) - Oh, I get it. because the big guy plays for the Sabretooths, and all the hapless little guys play for the Wolverines.

Chase has something going on so that he's not around to drive the kids to school, so Doombot offers, because Nico doesn't want them riding the bus. Because then people will think no one loves them? Jesus Nico, what the hell? In other news, Karolina's still recovering from nearly dying in the last storyarc, and Gert doesn't seem to like school much better than she liked not being in school. But maybe she made a friend. I'm sure that won't end horribly.

Speaking of things ending horribly, Wolverine and Pixie show up at the end of the issue to abduct Molly back to their mutant prison island. Sorry, they show up to take Molly to their mutant utopia *loudest fart noise possible* because Molly contacted them. What the shit, Molly? I thought Chase was the resident dumbass.

I'm left wondering why, other than comedic value, the X-Men would send Logan to get Molly. They have literally never had a good interaction. The first time they met, he went all, "grr snarl snikt" and she punched him out of a church. Why not send Nightcrawler, or X-23 and the Honey Badger? (I heard they changed her codename to "Scout", which is much less cool than "Honey Badger". I assume this is Hickman's fault.) 

 
On the other hand, it's good to see Molly continue to increase her height advantage over him. I also noticed Genolet draws Molly as taller than Nico, which kind of surprised me. Maybe because there are so many times I've seen Nico floating above people or ramped up on magical energy, she it seems like she'd be taller.

No comments: