Wednesday, May 25, 2022

A Few Points of Light for Late Summer

There are a couple of new items in August's solicitations I'm interested in, but mostly it's quiet. DC didn't have anything I was interested in. I saw a lot of stuff involving Black Adam, is that movie coming out this summer? I am completely out of the loop on that stuff. DC is also bringing back. . .Azrael! Poor Jean-Paul valley, getting himself another mini-series. If only Diamondrock were still running their blog to see this.

Over at Marvel, Moon Knight's fighting vampires, Iron Cat rolls on, that Nocenti-written Longshot story in X-Men Legends is more than one issue, and Nightcrawler is going to pay She-Hulk a visit. I thought she wasn't supposed to be taking any super-clients, but I guess Krakoa could sue Mallory's law firm for, species discrimination, I guess. Though why the almighty Krakoans need a flatscan lawyer, I can't grasp. They must have someone with the mutant power of perfect lying. One new thing is a new Damage Control mini-series! With the main story written by the creators of some TV show called The Goldbergs? Um, optimism dimmed somewhat, but cautiously retained.

Let's see, Image has Slumber #6, Above Snakes #2 (if I like the first issue), although I'd swear last month it was 4-issue mini-series, and now it's listed as five. Maybe I'll try Dead Lucky, which is a new series by Melissa Flores and French Carlomagno about a lady veteran back from Afghanistan with electricity powers operating in San Francisco. Jenny Zero II will be wrapping at Dark Horse, and there's a trade of Jeremy Haun and Christopher Mitten's 40 Seconds about explorers traveling through alien gateways. That doesn't actually come out until October, though.

Aftershock has issue 3 of A Calculated Man, and Vault has West of Sundown #5. Issue 2 of Agent of W.O.R.L.D.E. is out through Scout Comics, which seems like a month earlier than usual. There's also the first issue of Mr. Easta, about a bunny that is a galactic assassin. It's by Kat Wallis, has kind of a Skottie Young vibe to it. Maybe I'll try it.

Seven Seas Entertainment has volume 4 of Yakuza Reincarnation and the second volume of Weakest Contestant in All Space and Time. I actually bought volume 1 of Yakuza Reincarnation last weekend. it was enough to convince me to pick up volume 2 at some point, but it has that feel of a book relying on one type of joke that it could run into the ground in a hurry.

No comments: