Tuesday, October 31, 2006

If I Must, Then I Must

So, it's Halloween here in the Western Hemisphere. I say that since I'm sure it's already November 1st somewhere, but I always get confused as to where. Seeing as I have no Halloween-type comics to bust out, I'll just share some scary thoughts with you.


- As I was driving to school today, I observed a fellow in a prison style shirt. You know, horizontal black and white stripes. For whatever reason, I was gripped by the urge to dress up as a Beagle Boy for Halloween. If I'd thought of it sooner, I could almost go for it. I'd just need someone to do the stitching (7th grade Home Ec was a looong time ago). And I'd need a blue hat. Don't have one of those, I think. Odd, the things one's mind dredges up.

- Flipping through the channels Sunday (probably a commercial break for USA's House marathon), and came across a commerical for Sara Lee. You know, they make bread and similar goods? The commercial was set to the old "Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy" song from Ren and Stimpy. I don't know about you, but that scares the beejeebus out of me.

And the scariest thing of all?

- Ken at the comic store is going to set out like thirty longboxes tomorrow, with pretty much everything for 25 or 50 cents. Good lord, he's going to bankrupt me. How awesome is that?

2 comments:

Diamondrock said...

Yeah, it was November 1st here long before it was there.

In Japan, we live in the future. In many ways.

CalvinPitt said...

diamondrock: Are there flying cars?!

And robots that give themselves lube jobs?!