Sunday, March 05, 2006

Reflections #4 - The Punisher #31

Quick one today. At the start of the issue, Frank Castle asks "What's the only thing more dangerous than a barracuda?" The page shows a shark, so I suppose we could assume that's the answer. But this is The Punisher, so it may be Frank Castle. But honestly it's a silly question, there are plenty of things more dangerous than barracudas.

Orcas
Penguins (they will steal your soul! Just like Earth-2 Lois Lane)
Jehovah's Witnesses (Again with the soul stealing)
Tom Cruise

Sorry that last one is from my "What's more annoying than a crying baby?" list.

What else is more dangerous than a barracuda?

Image blatantly stolen from Chris' Invincible Super Blog.

4 comments:

Chris Sims said...

Jacking my images and I don't even get a sidebar link? I'm hurt. Where my heart lives.

There was a Silver Age underwatery-type guy from Charlton (I think) who had two pet electric eels named "Bara" and "Cuda," so I'm thinking the sheer annoyance factor of that guy's more dangerous.

CalvinPitt said...

chris: You're there now. As for that guy, was he called "The Wolf" or something like that? Had the full-body costume, it was all black? I remember seeing that in my dad's comics.

Chris Sims said...

If memory serves, he wore little shorts.

Because really, when you've got fish named Bara and Cuda, why not wear little shorts? People already know you're a jackass.

CalvinPitt said...

The scary thing is, I still remember him. Different comic though.

The guy I remember wore a camoflauged wetsuit sometimes, and could only breathe underwater, or with the aid of a special breathing apparatus.

You're right though, his outfit is really irrelevant. And wouldn't eels be offended to be called "Bara" and "Cuda"?