Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Bah!

There are no reviews, because I bought no comics. Not by choice, but because, as of 3 o'clock this afternoon, the UPS guy had not delivered the week's comics to the store. Thus, there was no new issue of Guardians of the Galaxy for me.

Now I'm sure the comics weren't over six hours late because the UPS person is lazy, or incompetent, or in a drug-addled haze. No, I'm sure they were swamped with so many packages the sheer sight of them would have sent my sanity screaming into the darkest alcoves of my mind. Does not change the fact it left me in a foul mood, especially when combined with the usual dumbassed drivers one encounters on drizzly December afternoons. Like the elderly fellow in the pickup across from me at a 4-way stop, who was there before me, but still had to be waved ahead by me so he could begin the tortuous 27-year process of making a left hand turn.

I don't feel like driving back there tomorrow, so no reviews this week. More books for me to read when I next visit the store (that'd be me looking on the bright side). I've a few things planned for the next couple days, so the blog isn't entering No Content Mode - Holiday Edition just yet.

2 comments:

SallyP said...

It is SO infuriating when you are at the store...and your comics are not.

Merry Christmas anyway, Calvin!

CalvinPitt said...

Thank you Sallyp, and a Merry Christmas to you as well.