Thursday, January 27, 2011

I Bought Nothing

Nothing came in for me this week, so I didn't go to the store. Two thoughts to fill the void.

1) Secret Six and Doom Patrol are having that crossover next month. Going by DC's website, Doom Patrol is Part 1, Secret Six the conclusion. It's strange, then, that DC's website lists Secret Six as being released the first Wednesday of the month, and Doom Patrol the third. Maybe Simone and Giffen have decided to start at the end, instead of the beginning.

2) I added the new Batman Beyond ongoing to my pull list. With Secret Six, Batgirl, and R.E.B.E.L.S., that makes 4. I couldn't remember if that had ever happened before, so Internet to the rescue. Turns out there was a 2 to 6-month stretch from late 2004-early 2005 where I bought Teen Titans, Robin, JLA, and Batgirl (Cass' run). I can't be more precise because I can't recall exactly what issue of JLA was my last. It was somewhere in that story with the Crime Syndicate and the Qwardians. Of course, by the end of 2006 I wasn't buying any of those titles anymore.

I don't know how many Marvel ongoings I was buying in those Unwritten Times, but it had to be more than the two I'm buying now. I don't know whether my tastes shifted, I've gotten smarter about dropping things I don't like, or if I'm just cheaper. Actually, it's probably Marvel's super-twitchy cancellation trigger these days. Hard to buy a series if it gets ended.

No comments: