Tuesday, May 08, 2012

I'm As Close To Giddy As I Get

OK, I just found this last night on Amazon. Maybe it's been there awhile, I don't know.

It is possible to pre-order the complete Earthworm Jim cartoon on DVD right now. As Earthworm Jim is one of two things I've wanted to purchase which wasn't available on DVD*, I am ecstatic.

However, there is a catch. Naturally.

The company releasing the DVDs will not do so unless they get sufficient pre-orders. Such a turn of events would leave me forlorn.

That being the case, I'm posting to let you know about the possibility of being able to watch the series without resorting to either crappy bootlegs or buying a region-free DVD player**. If you have any interest, please go seek it out on Amazon and pre-order. Look under "earthworm jim" in movies and tv. Here, I'll try and throw in a link. (Don't worry, you're not putting any money in my pocket by clicking that. This is a not-for-profit operation, folks.) It's less than $20, with shipping. And if it doesn't ship, you aren't out any money, so what's the risk?

There's 2 months to the theoretical release date, so place your order, tell your friends to place their orders. Threaten them with bodily harm if necessary. Do it for your old pal Calvin, huh? Please?

Look, I'm on my knees here, begging you to help make this happen. Do you need me to cry? Fine *sobs hysterically, with the snot running out of the nose and everything* Is that enough? Should I rend garments and stand in the rain arms cast wide in supplication? I will, don't doubt the desperation.

* The other is Season 2 of the early 2000s Invisible Man series. Four years since they released Season 1, and still waiting. Still hoping.


** There's a version of the complete series available in Australia for some time, but you know, their DVDs don't run on your standard North American player. You'd have to buy the set and the appropriate equipment to watch it with, which I imagine some might find cost-prohibitive. I was nearing the point that was no longer the case with me, but I might be more impatient than most.

No comments: