Saturday, December 15, 2012

Break Out The Celebratory Corn Dogs!

It's the end of Year 7 here at Reporting on Marvels and Legends! I don't know what the standard gift would be for a 7 year anniversary, thus the corn dogs. It's heartfelt, yet stupid. So perfect for this blog.

Let's see, the past year saw the end of my longest consecutive days posting streak, running to 385 days, I believe. I kept the episode rundowns going, transitioning from Adventures of Brisco County Jr. to Burn Notice. I've talked a bit about DC's new 52, and I talked more about AvX than I had any business doing. By which I mean five posts, but that's still more than it deserved. I did some posts listing my favorite video games on different consoles. I still haven't figured out the order for the PS2, so who knows when that'll come down the pike.

I also managed to do a couple of stories with perennial blog favorite Adorable Baby Panda! Admittedly, the Panda wasn't supposed to appear in the Tales from the Woods series. I'm a little disappointed in myself about that. I still like the story, it just bugs me I screwed up my original plan with some idea of tying it all together. At any rate, it was nice to get back to posting some stories.

Sadly, we have gone another year without me starting up the Spider-Man: Giant Slayer posts. Maybe someday.

As to Year 8, the biggest change is I'm not going to try and force posts as much. One thing about that consecutive posting streak that bugged me was that I wasn't happy with several of the posts. They were just me trying to get something up for the day. Not all, or even most, but some of them for sure. So I'm going to try and avoid that going forward. If I don't have an idea, or I have one that I feel needs more time, then I'll wait. I'm hoping this won't mean too much of a decline in the posting schedule. It may not even come to that. I may be so inspired this year there aren't enough days for me to post everything.

I can hope at least.

As to specific posts, I'll keep the episode rundowns going. I need to get around to buying the Fall of Sam Axe movie, since it establishes certain characters appearing in Season 5. Right now I'd assume I'll wind up Burn Notice next fall. I don't yet know what's next. If I stick with hour long shows, it'll be Season 1 of The Invisible Man, even as I hold out hope for Season 2. If not, I'll probably go Avatar: The Last Airbender.

I'm working on trying to finish writing the Ink-Stained Trail. Of course, I've been doing that since I finished posting Tales from the Woods, and I'm nowhere near done. I hope to have the now-Clever Adolescent Panda show up again, and UnCalvin is assured to appear at least once. There'll still be the reviews of new comics, and probably reviews of trades whenever I happen to pick those up.

One thing I've been meaning to do is a "favorite characters" series of posts. Last year, the Comics Should Be Good blog asked for everyone's Top 10 Marvel and DC characters, however one chose to define that. So I thought I might do a post for each character. First of course, I have to decide what it is I like about each character, plus I thought I'd list the writer and artist I associate with them, and that's proving tricky in some cases. Then there's the fact I could almost completely redo the Marvel list if I took a notion to. Anyway, it's another thing I'm hoping to get done.

That's where things stand at the moment, looking ahead. Thanks to everyone who reads the blog, and especially those who comment. It's nice to get other perspectives, even if we don't agree. Forces me to think about things more.

No comments: