Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Change Is Afoot In Novermber's Releases

November's solicitations are out. I thought about waiting a little longer, but there's something I'll mention today I want to expand on tomorrow, so obviously I need to post this first. Besides, there's no reason to wait.

There's actually quite a bit more activity on the pull list this month, compared to last. Rocketeer/Spirit: Pulp Friction is missing again. Did it shift to every other month and nobody told me? Captain Marvel's off for a month, or so they say. A double-sized issue follow by a skip month sounds like a stealth cancellation to me, but everyone says it's a skip month, so I'll take their word for it. I'm dropping Captain America, so that's three books absent in November.

Sounds like a pretty slow month, right? Well, Avengers Arena is doing the double-ship thing again to wrap up it's first season/arc/storyline whatever. I'm not sure where you'd go from there, presuming Arcade's defeated. The kids trying to figure out how to escape, or how to stop Katy from usurping Arcade's set-up? Hawkeye's back, though the book is listed as a resolicit from July's solicitations. So it's two months behind now, or is it back on schedule?

Besides that, I'm giving Longshot Saves the Marvel Universe a try. I thought it was an ongoing at first, and was pretty surprised they were going to try a Longshot ongoing. Still, they tried a Sif ongoing, so I wasn't prepared to rule it out. A mini-series makes more sense. On the DC front, I'm going to try Harley Quinn. I'd be more excited if Amanda Conner was drawing it and writing it, but I'll wait and see. They certainly have a lot of good artists lined up, though looking at some of them, I wonder what the tone of the book is going to be. I'd like it be more light-hearted, which is probably a pipe dream in the nu52, but it could happen. I'm not sure most of those artists would work for that, though. Maybe it's moot. What are the odds DC would actually keep a Simonson or Cooke as primary artist on a Harley Quinn ongoing for any extended period of time?

Terry Dodson is back drawing X-Men. Does that make him the regular artist, or is he alternating with Lopez? They don't seem like their styles are that similar, where they maintain a similar feel to the title. I guess If they alternate arcs it might work.

No comments: