Thursday, September 26, 2013

What's Your Most Quotable Movie?

Well, whatever was causing the image uploading problem seems to have resolved itself. Not that I post many images on here, but it's nice to be able to when I want. Break up the monotony of text every once and awhile.

I feel as though I'm running behind today, so a quick post for you to discuss among yourself: What's the most quotable movie?

You can approach that in a number of ways. Most quotable for you, most quotable in general, most quotable in the sense of having a lot of memorable lines, or in having a lot of lines you can work into everyday conversation. That allows for a lot of variability. I can quote a lot of In Bruges, but I doubt that's true of most people, and most of those lines are not ones that can be repeated in mixed company.

I know Monty Python and the Holy Grail gets quoted a lot, but I'm not sure how much of it is being used in situations where it fits, as opposed to fans just reciting lines to show off. My mom has told me she and her coworkers trade Blazing Saddles lines, and even with them not using all the ones with racist or sexist slurs, or just profanity in general, there's a couple of dozen they can work in. So maybe that's a good choice.

1 comment:

SallyP said...

Princess Bride gets quoted a lot. And Animal House. Heck, my kids quote Monty Python from ALL of their movies and the television show...cuz' I raised 'em right!