Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Just Keep Telling Myself, Spring Comic-Cons Are Coming

Even though they're calling for snow this weekend, and the temp is supposed to be down to 0 Sunday night, spring must be on the way. Because we're just two months out from the 2019 Cape Girardeau Comic Con!

My coworker's getting married the weekend before, so I lucked out Ken scheduled it a week later than last year. Although I might be attending a week-long training in another state until right the day before the convention. If so, gonna be a lot of driving that week. But that's OK! I always try to make time for Cape-Con. I've only missed it twice, 2011 and 2015, and those were because of work-related things I couldn't avoid. If you can avoid work, I highly recommend it.

The website has only started adding guests and vendors in the last week, and ticket prices aren't up yet, so there'll be more information to come, I'm sure. I need to get some kind of a gameplan together about what I'm looking for in terms of sketches or comics. Especially artwork. I didn't get a single commissioned sketch last year at any convention I went to. I got a lot of pieces I liked, but nothing unique. I was too indecisive and/or cheap. Mostly cheap.

I don't know how well the escape room thing worked last year, it isn't listed as a feature currently, but it may be added later. I like that Ken always seems to try and get a variety of guests and activities given the constraints the size of the venue pose. The Osage Center is a solid location, based on the places I've attended conventions, it just isn't the largest place you'll ever see.

No comments: