Friday, May 24, 2019

An Update On Recent Developments

Posting may be erratic in the weeks ahead. My apartment complex was hit by a tornado this week. I was out of town for work, so I found out via texts from several people wanting to make sure I wasn't dead. I was not, except on the inside. But that isn't a new condition.

The apartment is still standing, but is no longer livable. As in, everything is covered in glass and fiberglass. The roof is still there, more than the people in the apartment next to me can say, but you can tell it got lifted off the building briefly. Besides the gaps that weren't there before, I had a scroll hanging on a wall that is now pinned between the top of the wall and ceiling.

(Remarkably, my laptop was sitting exactly where I left it. Everything else that had been on the table was somewhere else, but not the computer.)

Point is, I'll be staying with other people until I find a new place, living out of suitcases and whatnot, dealing with increased commute times, grabbing the rest of my stuff, looking for new apartments. So I'm not sure if posting will remain on schedule. This weekend's Sunday Splash Page was already good to go, but after that, it's on hiatus until I can get the scanner and the comics set up some place.

3 comments:

thekelvingreen said...

I'm happy you're okay! Crikey!

Gary said...

Man, that sounds rough - I'm glad you're okay and hope you get back on your feet as soon as you can.

Take care.

SallyP said...

Gah! I go away for the weekend and all hell breaks loose!

I am so sorry that all of this trouble and mayhem has descended upon you! I am glad that you werent hurt, but...yeesh!