Monday, June 22, 2020

Fall is Slow

The solicitations for September are mostly rehashes from earlier in the year, which means there's still not much to comment on.

The first issue of Marvel's latest attempt at a Black Widow ongoing is coming out in that month, instead of May. They also moved the start of that Shang-Chi mini-series that was supposed to begin in June to September. So it's not a uniform thing, which is a little odd to me. Maybe it says something about when the Black Widow movie is going to try and hit theaters (Shang-Chi's getting a movie too, right?)

I didn't see any solicitation for Black Cat, Deadpool, or Runaways. I assume they're still going to be coming out that month, just with issues we've already been told about. I hope that's what it is, and Marvel didn't give a bunch of titles the axe.

Along the same lines as Marvel, Dark Horse has gone ahead and pushed the release of the first issue of Spy Island to September. I'd been wondering if it was going to pop up in June, so that answers that. Another three months to decide if I really want to try it. Can talk myself into or out of most anything by then.

The only thing I noticed of interest was the final issue of the Amethyst mini-series. Everything else was a crapload of Joker War and Death Metal nonsense. Hard pass.

Boom! has the fifth issue of Wicked Things. No sign of Sera and the Royal Stars from Vault, but they might just be on a skip month. Magnetic Press is soliciting the 8th and final volume of Infinity 8, but going straight to the trade. I don't think volume 7 has even popped up yet. The single issue version was originally going to end in June. I wonder if this means they're just skipping that approach entirely now.

Vertical is releasing the 6th volume of Kino's Journey: The Beautiful World, although I haven't gotten to volume 4 yet. Viz solicited the 4th volume of Way of the House Husband. I'm still debating whether to get volume 3. Image resolicited a trade from 2013 called Five Ghosts: Haunting of Fabian Grey, about a guy that ends up sharing his body with the ghosts of five authors, and now he can call on their powers. What powers, alcoholism and crippling depression? Period-typical cultural values? My interest in that really would depend on who the five ghosts were. If it's freaking Dickens, or Melville or something, no chance.

No comments: