Monday, September 28, 2020

Ending the Year on Mixed Notes

You know how things are going with the solicits by now. There's a few interesting things, one things I'm glad to see back, but not exactly a huge amount of comics out there in December.

I guess I should be spending money on Christmas gifts that month, anyway.

Marvel has their King in Black event going in full swing, with lots of tie-in issues and connected one-shots and stuff. Whee. At least Black Cat's back, although I can't tell if it's as a one-shot tie-in, or this is the re-start of the ongoing series. Take what I can get. Deadpool's solicited for issue 9, meaning Marvel's going to manage to ship the book each of the next three months. Believe that when I see it. On the downside, no sign of the second issues of Taskmaster or that Power Pack mini-series. Which is why I have my doubts about Deadpool.

DC's got some big "Endless Winter" event, except the whole thing is gonna take place in the month of December. Rather the opposite of endless, then. Beyond that, Death Metal stuff, Tom King's writing some stuff, Bendis is writing like 14 books. You know, the usual shit.

Dark Horse has the last issue of Spy Island. I still can't find a copy of the first issue, but maybe I will by then. The fourth issue of Atlantis Wasn't Built for Tourists is supposed to be out. I should have the first issue this week, so we'll see how that goes. Aftershock has the second issue of Kaiju Score and the third issue of Sympathy for No Devils, so that might be something. 

Vault has a book called Bleed Them Dry by Eliot Rahal and Dike Ruan, sounds like cops trying to stop a ninja vampire. If course, it's already on the sixth issue, so I'm a bit late to the party there. Maybe something to track down in back issues later, or buy the trade when it comes out.

No comments: