Thursday, February 16, 2006

Things I Think About #16

I found out from Len a couple of weeks ago, that Avi Arad, the head honcho at Marvel has three favorite characters. They are:

Cable
Namor
Thor

Now Cable's got an ongoing book, and had another one before this. Namor's been in a bunch of different titles and if they ever get around to that book they were going to do about that "Secret Scoiety" we saw in New Avengers, he'll be playing a role there as well.

But what about Thor? Sure, Thor:Blood Oath wasn't bad, but it's off in its own little continuity. So what I'm waiting for is when Arad walks into the Marvel offices and asks "Where is Thor? Why isn't he in any of these books?" Then I'd love for someone to turn to Quesada and say "Joe, you want to field that one?"

So, let's make some guesses? How long until Thor is back in the mainstream Marvel Universe?

I'll say that it happens in the aftermath of Annihilation and Civil War. So that'll be what, end of the year, early 2007, something like that? Ladies and gentlemen, place your guesses.

3 comments:

thekelvingreen said...

I've been told that Thor is returning in Fantastic Four; the team find Mjolnir after it drops out of the sky in the wilderness. Hijinks ensue.

Can you say "badly paced crossover"?

Frankly, I don't care if Thor never gets a solo series again, and all they do is the occasional one off or miniseries, as that's been working well over the past year or so. But I don't see why that should mean that he can't be in Avengers. I mean, do people really prefer Sentry?

CalvinPitt said...

Exactly. I mean, I occasionally read Thor over the years, it was never on a pull list, but damnit, I liked Thor in the Avengers.

I keep hoping this Sentry mini-series will end with Reynolds death, opening up a spot for Thor as Marvel's top powerhouse.

Randy said...

Thor, in his solo series was pretty hit and miss.
However, in Avengers, he is one of THE Avengers. I so long for him to return, and I'm hoping he is one that shows up to end the silly Civil War which is brewing. And you know Cap and Tony will want him in, right quick.
Sentry- PHOOEY!!
I think so few people care for this loon, who still has YET to do any adventures as an Avenger.