Thursday, August 10, 2006

Books! Memes! Run!

Well, Kalinara asked, so I will obey.

One book that changed your life:

That's hard. It's probably actually something from my early years I don't remember, but I'm going to say House of Stairs by William Sleator.

One book you've read more than once:

The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger by Stephen King.

One book you would want on a desert island:

Foundation and Earth by Issac Asimov.

One book that made you laugh:

Catch-22 by Joseph Heller.

One book that made you cry:

1984 by George Orwell. Not "cry", exactly, more "curl up under my bed in despair for awhile".

One book you wish you had written:

There was a short story I wrote in 11th grade about a kid who was dead and wandering the world as a ghost. If I cut out some of the cheesy pop-culture references, and focused more on the wandering, I think it might have been decent. If you mean actual published material, The Day of the Jackal by Frederick Forsyth.

One book you wish had never been written:

On a personal note, the short story that preceeded the ghost one, where the kid is killed by the squad that keeps order in the school for mouthing off at a teacher. Weak, derivative, needlessly gory. Fortunately this was a few months before Columbine, or I could have been in some trouble. Actual, published work? As I Lay Dying, William Faulkner. Not a fan of it.

One book you are currently reading:

Nothing today, but I finished John B. Robinson's The Sapphire Sea last week.

One book you have been meaning to read:

A Brief History of Time, Dr. Stephen Hawking, or Origin of Species, Charles Darwin.

Tag five people:

Um, Len, Chris and Randy, Jake, and Carla.

No comments: