Saturday, August 26, 2006

Who Ya Got?

So, I skimmed by Newsarama because I keep hearing about this Grant Morrison interview. Given that I'm not one of his adoring public, the reason for this somewhat eludes me. Actually, it doesn't. I wanted to see this alleged "dig" he took at Frank Miller and his "Batman vs. The Terrorists" story. Great. Now the NSA is going to be keeping an eye on my blog. Well, hopefully they'll at least comment occasionally (I now expect a horde of commenters named "Not an NSA Agent"). Back to the interview. I have no idea how much of it Morrison actually meant, versus what was just him having some fun. I'm certain he enjoyed the interviewer's nervousness when he started to go off on old Frank, but beyond that, I don't know.

Still, I wanted to ask you: In Thunderdome, who ya got: Grant Morrison or Frank Miller? I'd imagine that Morrison's template for the ultra-competent god-slayer Batman he wrote in JLA was probably himself, which would lend the edge to him, but Miller might just be so crazy he would feel no pain. It'd be like trying to stop Thor's old foe/problem The Destroyer.

And, it raises another question, what figures in comics (alive or dead) would you like to see go at it?

I'm going to throw my money in the ring for Steve Ditko versus one Brian Michael Bendis, if only for the moment when Dr. Strange shows up to aid his creator, and thunders "By the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth, let the All-Seeing Eye of Agamotto show you that Dr. Strange is the Sorcerer Supreme, not your stupid eraser!"

C'mon, you know that would be awesome.

So, any particular favorites? People with grudges, people that just seem like an absurd combination (say, Jim Shooter against someone really short), whatever.

I think I have officially descended into hackery, if I wasn't there already. At least I'm not being paid for it.

5 comments:

Marc Burkhardt said...

Jack Kirby vs. Mark Millar! The King demands vengenace for Civil War!

thekelvingreen said...

Clearly, Alan Moore versus Grant Morrison. Magic is allowed.

CalvinPitt said...

fortress: I'd imagine Kirby's going to have the crowd (i.e., his creations that Millar's bastardized) behind him.

kelvin: And we'll need the Infinity Gauntlet to fix reality afterwards.

Anonymous said...

I want to see...Rob Liefeld VS. ME. I just want to kick him in the junk for what he's done...well...to everything.

Brandon Bragg said...

Byrne vs. Shooter. No holds barred, steel cage barbwire match. No matter who loses, we all win.