Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Nasal Membranes, Filling With Mucous

I hate sinus allergies. Especially when they get to the point where your nose is stopped up to the point it's basically a worthless mess of bone and cartilage on your face. It feels a little bit like drowning, to the point I find a little hesitation in breathing through the mouth. Clearly, I need to learn to breathe through my ears, like Hawkeye Pierce.

- Up until now, I was basically "Eh" about the Iron Man movie. Having seen that trailer (which is linked everywhere, like at the 2 Guys Buying Comics blog, so don't expect me to make links right now), I am actually quite geared up for it now. Sure, it might wind up being bad, but I got some enjoyment out of Ghost Rider, and hell, even a little out of Daredevil (mostly from watching Jennifer Garner kick Affleck's butt), so surely it'll pass my low standards.

- 'Gods cannot be killed. They can only sacrifice themselves.' That's from last week's Annihilation: Conquest - Wraith #3. The Chief Subjugator gives that as a response to Ronan's claims that he gave the Kree Supreme Intelligence a proper sendoff back in Annihilation #5. It just seems like such an odd comment for a Phalanx to make, very philosophical somehow, which never really struck me as the Phalanx style.

I'm not really sure what he means by 'sacrifice themselves'. I mean, I get that he's saying that the Supreme Intelligence understands what the Phalanx want to use it for, and it prefers that option to the utter destruction of the Kree, but on a deeper level, which it feels like this goes to, I don't get it. The part about gods not being able to die I can sort of follow, since it's like that conversation between Don Blake and Thor in the new Thor series, about how gods live on in their people. So is the Subjugator saying that even if a god does give its life for its people, that it can always return because it lives in its people?

- Either way, I liked to mention that I said that the Phalanx' lack of interest in assimilating Starlord's crew was a sign of something bigger they had planned, and according to Wraith, I was right. OK, so technically that was just one of a series of guesses I made, but still, points for me.

No comments: