Saturday, September 08, 2007

Who's Up For A Quest?

There was one little thing that happened on Thursday I forgot to mention in my review column, but looking back on it, I believe it was vitally important.

It was pretty rainy on Thursday, but by the time I started to walk home, it had stopped, which was fine with me. I've got an umbrella, but it's kind of small, doesn't really do much for my lower body, you know?

So, anyway, I'm walking home, and I'm veering around this couple that's walking a bit more slowly than me down the sidewalk. As I'm going around them, this car drives by and the driver honks their horn. I don't know why, or whom they were honking at. It's not important. What is important is that the moment after the horn honking, it started to rain again. Just a little a first, but within a minute, it grew to a steady downpour for the next ten minutes.

You know what this means, don't you? That car's horn is made from a piece of Mighty Mjolnir! It commands the wind and the storms! Not all that well mind you, but it was obviously only a small piece of Mjolnir (it was a pretty weak horn).

Still, that means there are other pieces of Mjolnir out there. We need to go forth and find them all, then put them together, and maybe if we're lucky, one of us can pick up the hammer and gain the power of Thor! Or conversely, recreating the hammer will summon Thor, and then we'll have the God of Thunder as our friend. Now wouldn't that be awesome? He could call down tornadoes to destroy the shiny new boat your jackass, one-upping neighbor just bought. Or make sure your garden stays lush in a drought. Truly, the possibilities are staggering.

So, I propose an expedition to find the pieces of Mjolnir. At this time I have no idea how to find those pieces, but I'm sure if we can find that car, and steal its horn, then that piece will lead us to all the other pieces, through something scientific involving resonances and stuff. Now who's with me? I can quest on Mondays and Tuesdays in the morning, and Fridays in the late evening. What do you say?

You go ahead and think about it, I'm going out of town for the day.

4 comments:

SallyP said...

Calvin, darling, I think you need to lie down for a little while.

Jason said...

Yeah, man, you need a hobby, one that doesn't involve the collection of fictional objects. Have the ABP take you out for some ice cream, that's a good start.

Anonymous said...

But if he's right, he and he alone will weild mighty Mjolner!

We need to get that car part to insure he doesn't get all the cool stuff.

CalvinPitt said...

sallyp: And just what are you implying?

jason: And now you're implying something too. Well, I am not crazy! Stop calling calling me crazy! *maniacal laughter*

anonymous: No one will stop CalvinPitt from his dreams of world conquest through weather control! *more maniacal laughter*