Friday, December 23, 2005

Giving the Gift of Life. . . Stuff I think About #3


Quick note, this is probably my last post until Monday, so you'll just have to go without over the weekend. But, I'll be using that time to go through my comics, doing some research for future posts, so take heart. On to the business at hand.

This post stemmed from a conversation I had with myself, over a discussion that broke out in the comments of a thread at Comics Should Be Good. I'll probably post the main part next week, but this was an odd little interlude my brain took, and I thought I'd share.

See, I was thinking about the death of Ben Parker, Peter's uncle. There's been a lot of inconsistency surrounding the circumstances, besides the obvious that he was shot by a burglar. But the way I had it figured, he was in bed and heard a noise. He goes downstairs to investigate and finds the Burglar.

I figure he tries to talk to the guy, explain that he's making a mistake, but that there's no reason to hurt anyone, he can take what he wants and just leave (I think this was how he acted in Ultimate Spider-Man, matter of fact). He's very calm, displaying no fear. This freaks the Burglar out, he shoots Ben, Ben dies, and Peter is on the road to years of guilt.

But this is the weird part. In my head I hear "Ben Parker can overcome great fear", so to better utilize this ability, I'm bringing him back to life. . . in a new universe! Who says only the costumes get a second chance?

So Ben Parker, say hello to the next step in your life. . . as the newest member of the Green Lantern Corps!



















Hal, you shouldn't have! Give it up for Ben Parker, people! Have a nice weekend!

2 comments:

Ragnell said...

Not a bad idea, actually. They have more than enough hotheads. How about a calm, decent man like Ben? Keep those donations coming, Calvin.

kalinara said...

*grin* Well, with 7200 potential members, I'm sure the corps has room for a few good ones. Interesting choice. :-)