Saturday, November 10, 2007

My World Has Flipped Upside-Down

I don't know, the picture seems apt, given the circumstances detailed here. Though I am unclear what Flash is running on. Maybe the sky is an illusion created by the combined magics of Loki and Felix Faust?

I don't have a lot to say about it. I'm curious as to why he's made the move. Did he want to try his hand at drawing some different characters? Get an offer he couldn't refuse? For whatever reason, it's his decision, and I hope it works out well for him. Hopefully he gets a few more fight scenes to illustrate than Bendis usually gave him.

And hopefully whatever this big project is, it's something that will have more to interest me than just Mr. Bagley's art. I don't know what that project would be necessarily, so make me pleasantly surprised DC, if it's not too much trouble.

I'm curious whether he's stepping over to DC just for this project, and then he'll come back to Marvel, or whether he'll sign an exclusive contract with DC, or if he'll just go where he's offered a project that interests him. If he's stays at DC, I wonder what they might put him on, after this big project (which I'm certain wouldn't last forever, so there'd be other work he'd do eventually). I bet he could draw some pretty stuff for a Green Lantern book, but his characters tend to be kind of thin, so I'm not sure he would give Hal & Co. the backsides their lady fans demand. I've seen people suggest Robin, or Nightwing, maybe Batman and the Outsiders. Those could be good.

(Oh, and that picture is by Mark Bagley and Art Thibert, just in case you were wondering.)

4 comments:

SallyP said...

Interesting...most interesting. I guess he just wanted to draw some different characters for a change.

I agree with you about the Green Lanterns, those would be some skinny behinds. But man, he'd be pretty good for Flash, or Robin.

CalvinPitt said...

sallyp: But they would probably be really toned. Like 0% body fat, you know?

Flash would be pretty nice, although I wonder if he could draw Wally's son as weird as the kid is apparently supposed to look. That kid's massive upper-body just freaks me out.

Austin Gorton said...

I'd love to see him on Flash.

Might make a pretty good Batman artist too (in fact, IIRC, he may have done a DC/Marvel crossover at one point w/Batmas as the DC half).

CalvinPitt said...

teebore: Yep, Bagley was the artist for Batman/Spider-Man (or was it Spider-Man/Batman?), which was pretty good, especially when the Joker disses Carnage as just a loser, with no sense of style.