Saturday, November 24, 2007

You're Breaking My Heart, You're Shaking My Confidence Calvin

You asked me to come over on a Saturday, interrupting my after-lunch feast nap, for my verdict on one comic you don't even think you should have bought? {What are you, the recap page? Can the melodrama; it doesn't suit you. Besides, you sleep 10 hours a day anyway, only sleeping 8 hours won't kill you.} Oh, so you're an expert on panda sleep cycles now? {No, but I'm a whale biologist, so you better do what I say.} What? {Futurama reference. Since your time is so limited, guess we better get on with it.}

Absolutely! At least it'll be easy, there's not much to work with here. Applause to Nova, Captain America, and Iron Man, for their big sacrifice.

Bonk to Iron Man for his stupid comment at the end to Cap.

Applause to the Watcher for actually helping. Just watching is such a boring way to go through life. I bet he enjoyed actually being useful.

Hugs for all the Inhumans, because they lost their home thanks to the Terminus Device.

Hug for life on Earth, which will probably have a different rhythm now that the Moon is gone. {Yeah, that's going to mess with some reproductive cycles, I would imagine. Plus, it'll probably destabilize the earth's orbit, seeing as the Earth does a little dance through it's orbit with the moon, and now its partner is gone. Things could get weird.} Well, they have the Sentry. I'm sure he could set the orbit right again. {I suppose.}

Well, I'm done. Now you should feed me, so I can have my after-dinner feast nap. {Wouldn't that just be called "going to bed"?} No! I get up after the nap, and have snacks, then go to bed for the night. {And how is it pandas don't weigh 7,000 pounds?} Rigorous physical training for 4 of the six hours a day we aren't sleeping or eating. {Ah.}

4 comments:

SallyP said...

Wait...the MOON is GONE??! Oh Marvel, you just HAD to try and one-up DC didn't you? In Allstar Superman they broke the Moon, but at least had the decency to fix it later.

Although I wouldn't mind having giant letters spelling out "CHA" on it.

*ahem*

A hug for the New Avengers for helping out, and for sticking around afterwards to continue helping out, which just confused the heck out of the old fascist Avengers. Who's the hero NOW!

A bonk to whomever destroyed the moon apparently.

A bonk to Tony Stark. Way to go, Tony! Sassing Capt. America. What a jerk.

A hug to Alfred for being...FABULOUS!

A hug to Zinda in Birds of Prey. Hijacking an Amish buggy is too cool for words.

Anonymous said...

No big deal. The moon blew up, sure, but in an alternate universe. The problem can just be passed on to alternate Keith Griffen, not our Keith Griffen, (originally from earth 5).

CalvinPitt said...

sallyp: Well, technically, Nova, Cap and Iron man destroyed the Moon with the Terminus Device they got from the Watcher, so you're double-bonking Tony. Just so you know.

And Zinda hijacked a buggy? It does sound cool, but those poor Amish, how is the family supposed to get to the barn-raising now?

anonymous: I like that plan. Have no fear people of Earth, Keith Giffen will save you!

SallyP said...

A double-bonking of Tony, just sounds so...dirty!

Well yes, Zinda did manage to hijack an Amish buggy, but she was being chased in a combine by bad guys! It's ok, because Oracle paid for it.

She's just lucky it was the Amish. You don't fool around with Mennonites!