Friday, April 11, 2008

Making A Post, Before I Go-Go

As soon as this post is done, I'm leaving town. Again. Sigh. It's going to be close to two weeks absence time, but I hope to be back in town for new comics on the 23rd. Expect sporadic posting until then. UnCalvinPitt did say he might drop by, but he is a thoroughly unreliable fellow, so who knows whether that'll materialize.

Anyway, here's the thought of the day. During 52, Ralph Dibny confronts Supernova, and they have a conversation where Dibny makes it pretty clear he knows who Supernova is, and tells the mysterious hero that he ought to let Wonder Girl knows who he is, or at least who he isn't, since she was convinced Supernova was actually Conner. However, at no point does Dibny say who he thinks Supernova is, at least, not that I can remember.

So the question is, was Ralph Dibny right? I mean consider that Supernova involved Booster using a super-suit cobbled together from various gizmos other heroes used, that he was able to get because he was working with a time traveler. Could Ralph have actually figured that out? What do you think?

Until, well, actually, whenever I post again (hopefully tomorrow).

2 comments:

SallyP said...

I'm sure that Ralph figured it out right from the start. I know it is easy to underestimate Ralph, but he IS a detective, and a darned good one. Plus, he and Booster were teammates for a long time. Ralph would know how he moves, his voice, a hundred little "tells".

I miss Ralph.

Jason said...

I'm pretty sure Ralph figured it out, but I'm not sure how. He said that there were two keys to him figuring it out. One was that all of his powers came from one piece of technology, later revealed to be the phantom zone projector. No idea what that has to do with Booster. The other key, he didn't say.