Friday, June 27, 2008

For Pandas Only. Fine, People Too

{That's better. We don't discriminate around here.} You came up with the title! {I did no such thing!} They already figured out three of your quotes, ha ha. {Ah, those were the easy ones. Now it'll get tougher.} They can figure out your quotes, I know they can. {You're cheering the audience now? That might be too meta.} No. It's a game, cheering makes sense. {It's your show, boss.}

Then I'm going to Applaud the kids at Iron Fist's Thunder Dojo. They were excited about math, and math is important, even if you don't have HYDRA trying to steal your company. {See, when I was struggling with math in junior high and high school, no one ever offered to let me use nunchucks if I improved my grades. My teachers weren't that cool.} What about your Calculus teacher? You said he would come to school dressed as a Highlander, with weapons and everything. {Yeah, but he wasn't big on letting other people touch the weapons, and I wasn't crazy enough to ask.} You miss the shots you won't take. {And I'd miss the fingers he'd take away, too. You been hanging out with Clint Barton?} Yes, and he's awesome, which is why he gets Applause. He totally made that shot Kate said he couldn't. {Ah, Clint's made that shot like 700 times in the comics. It's his classic "I'll just casually demonstrate how cool I am" stunt.} It's super-cool, and he was nice to Kate, even though she was rude, and stole things. {Hey, stealing is the coolest of all crimes! Just ask Bender!} Well, stealing isn't cool to me, so Kate gets a Bonk for that, a Hug for Clint making her look silly, and Applause for not backing down. {Wow, that ought to confuse her.}

I want to give Fat Cobra a Hug. He looked so handsome in his nice clothes and glasses. {Yeah, but he had his big feet on a bunch of probably priceless scrolls. That's disrespectful.} Well, it's hard to avoid stepping on things with big feet. {I know that! Did you forget I'm the one that wears size 14 sneakers? I know all about the dangers of big feet, but there had to be some tables or other chairs he could set the scrolls on, so they'd be out of the way.} Well, if it was so disrespectful, someone would mention it to him, but they didn't, so it can't be that bad. {I guess. He did look pretty dapper. And Bride of Nine Spiders looked pretty fine, except that one close-up made me think of the ghosts from Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterflies. Creepy.}

Not much of a show. You need more books. {Well, it won't be any better next week. Fair warning.} Don't warn me, just fix it! {Fine, I'll tell DC and Marvel to put more of my pull list books earlier in the month.} You could buy more comics. {Why don't you buy more comics?} Pandas don't use money. {Well isn't that convenient for you. . . and the money.} What?

3 comments:

Seangreyson said...

A couple additional proposals:
1) Applause for the mayor of San Francisco. She couldn't get the Order to relocate to San Fran, but she one-upped the initiative by getting the X-men

2) Bonk to Mr Sinister for messing with the genetics of children in order to become immortal...really just a bonk to Sinister in general.

3) Also Bonk to Eddie Brock for eating people on a bench in the park while telling them his story. Like a cannabalistic Forest Gump.

Finally just a recommendation for anyone not reading them: the latest stories in Uncanny X-men, and X-men (X-men Legacy) are some of the most fun X-stories in a while. They had a brand new day vibe (lot of classic references, good story, not tied in to a thousand other current events) without the deal with Mephisto to mess it all up.

SallyP said...

Yeah, the Mayor of San Francisco could probably use a hug.

A hug for Hal, for looking so adorable when he pouts.

A bonk to Hector Hammond. I was originally going to give him a hug, because he IS having a pretty crappy day, but then he went all nutso, so phooey on him.

A hug to Thor. Those bad Midgard guys ate his horses! Granted, he over-reacted just a tad, but still! His Horses!

A bonk to Tony Stark. Just because I can.

CalvinPitt said...

seangreyson: I agree on all three of those proposals. Was Eddie starting his story over every time he a new person came along, or did he just keep going, pausing only to eat the next person unlucky enough to sit down?

sallyp: Ah, but because those Midgard guys ate his horses, now Thor can get those two awesome goats he had to pull his carriage (wagon?).

Has anyone here had horse? Because depending on how it tastes, those mortals might have been plenty sorry already, before Thor got ahold of them.