Friday, November 07, 2008

I Get To Talk About New Comics? Really?

{Yes, really.} Really, really? {Stop that. There are a lot of books to cover, and no time for tomfoolery.} But playing around is part of the fun! {Well, we can have fun as we go, right?} Yes. {Then go, already!}

OK, sheesh. Well, Iron Fist needs a Hug, since his heart is about to get punched out. His secretary needs a Bonk though. {I'm guessing Danny stiffed her on Secretary's Day. I mean, a coffee mug? Weak.} That's not why it's happening! {Having fun, remember?} Oh, right, right. I want to give Worldmind a Hug, since it's back up and running again. I'm not sure how to do that, though. {Hug something with the Nova Force in it. That should work by proxy.} I think Rayne has to get a Bonk. {What, why?} She got too cocky when she was winning the fight, and nearly ruined everything. {OK, good point. Just don't expect her to take that calmly. Might wait until she isn't carrying her blades.} Well, she did help save the day, so I could Applaud, too.

I still like how Bane is trying to look out for Scandal, so I'm giving him some Applause, but Scandal and Deadshot get Bonks for being rude to Tarantula. Threatening her sister is not nice. {True, but I doubt Scandal and Deadshot worry about that much.} Well they should, because it means they don't get a Hug like Catman does, because he asked Tarantula nicely what the card was. {It is nice to see a villain with some manners.} Catman isn't a villain! {Fine, anti-hero. Still nice to see manners.} Do we know who the guy with electricity powers was? {I don't. I figure we could call him either Electricity Guy, or Purple Electro.} Purple Electro! {OK, Purple Electro it is. Now what about him?} Purple Electro gets two Bonks. One for using a nasty word towards Cheetah, and the other for just being stupid. Why would he trust the people he's been chasing? {Because he's dumb as a post?} I guess so. {Well, if he survived attacking Cheetah, you may make him wish he hadn't, you crazy little panda, you.}

3 comments:

Seangreyson said...

Bonk to Marvel and the writers of Venom: Dark Origin. I'm positive the initially advertised it as a post-Brand New Day revamp of the character (hence explaining why Venom wouldn't know Parker's ID). Yeah it's not. It just retells the story we already knew (but took 4 frickin issues to make that clear).

Also applause to Warren Ellis for last week's Steampunk X-men. (The Ghost Boxes book).

Then in the books: Hug for Colossus. His friends are all trying to help him get over the death of his girlfriend. With bar brawls...got to love having Wolverine as a friend.

SallyP said...

Electricity Guy in Secret Six, is named Bolt. And yes, he deserves a Bonk. I'm rather proud of Cheetah this week, she was relatively polite herself.

Of course Catman deserves a hug. I'd also hug Deadshot, just because for some strange reason, I really like him. He's completely amoral, but at least he has a sense of humor.

Iron Fist's secretary needs a bonk? That sounds...so dirty somehow. Hee!

CalvinPitt said...

seangreyson: I've glanced at that Venom thing, if anything it seems to be making Eddie Brock more pathetic. Originally he was a good reporter, who just screwed up. Now he's a total sleaze. Hardly seems like a necessary revamp.

sallyp: Oh, it's Bolt? Yeah, I've heard of him. I still prefer Purple Electro. As far as Iron Fist's secretary, well fortunately pandas don't do innuendo. I on the other hand, completely do.