Friday, December 05, 2008

Pandas, Dreaming, Of More Thanksgiving Leftovers

Calvin: {Sorry, we're out.} Adorable Baby Panda: What? {Well, how much do you think we had left after you and Wade got finished? Here, have some corn chips.} Oh, alright. *buries head in bag, munches loudly* {Hey, save some for me.} *while chewing* No! {Look, comics!} Where? Hey, there's just one comic here! {*grabs bag* You can look through the Terra mini-series if you'd like.} I'd like some more chips. {I'll put some on a plate for you, 'kay?}

I think Natalie, Iron Fist's assistant, needs a Hug. She'll have to raise her kid alone now. Do you know why it was a bad idea for her to mention that? {No clue. The dragon face came out right after she said it, so maybe Ch'i-Lin was worried it would distract Zhou Cheng.} I thought the dragon face was Zhou. {I thought it was Ch'i-Lin. They punch Iron Fist's heart out, then the dragon separates from Zhou, and goes after the dragon egg.} I'm confused. {So am I. Let's move on.} I think Danny needs a Hug, because he was hurt pretty bad. {I nominate Danny for a bonk also. I think it hurt Misty pretty badly, him taking off like that, especially after he was talking about the two of them being together again and all.} Danny has to go find the 8th City! {Why? Besides the fact it's his book, why can't the other Immortal Weapons handle it without him. He's got a company to run, a girlfriend he wanted to get serious with, and he was just begging Luke to help him do the Heroes for Hire shtick again. That's plenty.} He has to, because he's a hero, and you do the right thing, no matter what. {Define "the right thing". I guess you won't be giving Danny a hit?} No. {Fine.}

I think this new Terra gets Applause, and a Hug. She keeps saving people, but she took the time to try and explain to Geo-Force that she wasn't trying to dishonor his sister's memory. {Nice to see someone who cares about Geo-Force. Besides Brad Meltzer, that is.} I thought you liked him. {I feel bad for him, everyone else is so down on him. What about Dr. Mid-Nite? Taking blood without asking, when you've never met the person before seems questionable.} He meant well. {Hmph. I bet Acne-Laden, Obnoxious Teenage Panda would have stabbed him.} What was that? {Nothing.} I'm giving the ugly bug things a Bonk, because they smashed the girl that had turned to diamond. {Yeah, I can't figure why they did that. And she couldn't have actually turned to diamond since they were able to smash her.} Well, whatever she had turned to, she couldn't move. They didn't have to smash her. {Hey, no argument here.} Do you think that made Faulkner go crazy? {Well, grief, plus whatever that stuff he fell in probably did the job. Oh crap. That stuff is probably a pool of symbionts! DC is about to be overrun with Carnages and Venoms!} They can't imitate minerals! {The symbionts are just using the camouflage trick to make Faulkner think that's what's happening. And they're keeping quiet until they think he'll listen to them.}

You're just stirring things up. They aren't symbionts. The DC Universe has enough trouble with Darkseid, and all those Kryptonians running around. {I suppose you're right. Hey, think if we brought Kirby to Darkseid, the Big Ugly would surrender in terror?} No, Darkseid nearly took him over last time, I don't think Kirby would scare him.

2 comments:

Seangreyson said...

Can we get a hug for Nightcrawler:

First he's really missing Kitty and can't seem to figure out his place in the current team (X-men Manifest Destiny).

Then he's training Pixie in teleporting and discovers that she's better than him at it. Then to make matters worse, when he tries to help her deal with other stuff she stabs him. (X-men: Infernus).

Since Kurt's just a supporting character at the moment, two seperate books in one week messing with him seems hug-worthy. :)

CalvinPitt said...

seangreyson: Nightcrawler can always get hugs. That did kind of stink, him getting stabbed and all. But I have to give him credit for trying to practice by fighting Apocalypse, even if it didn't work too well.