Friday, April 24, 2009

It Wasn't Nearly As Terrifying As You'd Expect

Two nights ago, I have this dream. I'm in my grandmother's house, and so is the Hulk. Big, green, not Banner-smart, but a little more articulate than "Hulk Smash!". For some reason, my grandmother's basement was now a sewage treatment plant, and I was fighting it out with the Jade Giant, which is kind of cool. I made some kind of attempt to immobilize the Hulk by jamming sai blades into his deltoids*, then stupidly let off with the pressure so I could try and slash Hulk's elbow ligaments. Yeah, that didn't work.

At some point, Green Hulk becomes Mr. Fixit Hulk, and since he was kind of a mean bastard, I decided it was time to run. I charged out the front door, and who should be fleeing alongside me but Banner himself. We went opposite directions down the road (him east, me west), and then I look back at the house. Fixit wasn't ready to let things drop, so he was giving chase. He jumped over the entire road, the barb wire fence on the other side of the road, landed in the cow pasture**, and began racing after me.

On a mountain bike. This was after his attempts to use roller blades to pursue me where thwarted by the lawn. But grass proved no problem for Fixit's much too small mountain bike. He just made that thing hop right over the lawn, and the road, and landed in that field, and started tearing after me. Really, if he hadn't been chasing me with the intent to smash, that would have been pretty neat, you know?

I'm heading out for the weekend. Going to the 2009 Cape Girardeau Comic Convention with Alex. I'll try and post over the weekend, but no promises. Have a nice weekend!

* I know that came from the Millar/Romita Jr. "Enemy of the State" arc in Wolverine, because Elektra did the same thing to Logan.

** As you might have guessed, my grandmother lives in the country.

1 comment:

SallyP said...

That...was different.

You have some interesting dreams!