Saturday, April 11, 2009

Let Me Put My Huckster Hat On

It occurs to me I have been remiss in my duties. We're only two weeks away from the 2009 Cape Girardeau Comic Convention, and I haven't plugged it once so far. Somehow, I'm sure you are all to blame for this.

OK, you're probably not to blame. It's on me. So, you know, come to the convention. I know it's short notice, but it'll be fun. There's more info at the website. Hmm, lacks enthusiasm. Hang on, let me try again, and channel my inner Stan Lee this time. I hope you appreciate this because they say every second of channeling your inner Stan Lee costs you one minute of your life*. It's just too much power for ordinary mortals to control safely.

*takes deep breath*

Guten Tag, Loyal Readers! Are you ready for the Greatest, Most Incredible Convention of Our Times? This one has everything: Comics! Guests! People in elaborate and probably impractical costumes! You might just see the Impossible Man walking Rex the Wonder Dog on a leash**! It's craziness of the Groovy Girardeau Genre, the likes of which you won't find anywhere else! And a ticket is only $5 for a day! Five dollars?! Can you deny the irresistible pull of such a fantastic deal?! The fact I called it "irresistible" ought to give a hint as to the answer to that question! In fact, let me repeat that: The pull is IRRESISTIBLE. It's fun the likes of which you won't equal anywhere else! Be there, Faithful Followers!

*gasping, wheezing* Well, I think that was about 5 hours shaved off my life. Hey, it takes longer for me to come up with it than it does for you to read it, you know. Ugh, I feel a little logy. Costermongering*** just isn't my style. And no, I'm not being paid for this. I mean, would you pay for that paragraph? Maybe I needed a paid testimonial from Deadpool. Or would that get me sued? Eh, he's busy in the future right now.

Anyway, like I said, the convention's in two weeks, the 25th and 26th. I know it's not a lot of notice, but I'm sure you can find a way, if you believe. Just clap your hands if you believe, and maybe tap your heels together while you're at it, and I know you'll find a way. Heck, while I'm at it, I'll mention the town of Charleston (which is about 40 minutes south of Cape) is having their Dogwood Azalea festival the weekend before the convention. I don't know what all that entails, but if your interests include landscaping and horticulture, as well as comics, then maybe you ought to just take a week long vacation. Just throwing it out there.

OK, I'm sure the panda will be along tomorrow.

* Warning: Channeling of your inner Stan Lee may cause severe damage to respiratory system, including spontaneous collapse of the lungs, and abrupt accordianation of the larynx. May also rupture duodenum or shatter ribs. Always remember to stretch and take several deep breaths before utilizing your inner Stan Lee. If you begin coughing up blood, please contact emergency services immediately.

** Depending on the venue's pet restrictions.

*** Thanks, Thesaurus.com!

No comments: