Thursday, January 21, 2010

Rainy Days Are No Deterrent For Applause

I'm all wet! And cold! {Yeah, the puddle you've left on the floor is hard to miss. Here's a towel, and then toss this sweater on.} A sweater? I'll look silly! {Yes you will. That's the price you pay for not bringing an umbrella.} It wasn't raining at my house! {You have to learn to think ahead. See what may be coming down the pike, but is not yet in view. *adopts Foghorn Leghorn drawl*You should write that down, it's good stuff, I say, it's good stuff.} Yeah, yeah.

{Don't be so gloomy. At least the sweater doesn't have any silly designs on it.} I guess. {That's the spirit! Go Team Panda!} Well, Peter Parker needs a Hug, and Mr. Negative needs a Bonk. Aunt May is a good employee, he shouldn't use his powers on her. {So he should disembowel her to keep her quiet instead?} No, he should stop being a bad guy! {Well, yes, in a perfect world he'd do that, but the Marvel Universe is pretty far from a perfect world.} *grumbles* Fine, I'm also giving Bruno Karnelli a Bonk for being a dumb mob boss. {Wait, so you're hitting criminals for being unsuccessful and being successful?} Well, they are crooks! {So are you going to hit all those Maggia guys, and Negative's Inner-Demons?} No, they aren't worth it.

I'm giving the minke whales Applause because they convinced Namora to save those guys on the ships. {*snorts derisively*} What? {Yeah, like whales are really that nice.} Huh? {They're malicious killing machines! I've seen those killer whales, they torment their prey like giant cats! Cetaceans are pure evil I tell you!} O-kayyyy. I'm going to give Wolverine a Bonk for not telling the rest of the Avengers that Atlas are good guys. Spider-Man gets some Applause for being right about the Growing Man and Atlas.

I'm giving Power Girl a Hug for putting up with Vartox and some Applause for helping him save his people. I'm also giving Vartox a Hug for wanting to help his people, but he gets a Bonk for being a big dork. {See, I'd think him being a dork would make you want to hug him.} He's not a dork in a loveable way, but in an irritating way. {I thought he was both, depending on how much bravado he was putting forth.} Well, it doesn't matter, he's already getting hugged. {I suppose.} How did you not see the blurb for the next issue at the bottom of the last page? {Huh?} It tells you Dr. Sivana's going to be involved, and you said yesterday you didn't know who the old bald guy was! {It does? *looks at blurb* D'oh!} *laughs* Good job reading the whole page! {Well, I don't normally read those blurbs for the next issue! I guess I ought to start.} Yes you should. {Oh, don't try and play the solemn master with me!}

I'm giving Nova a Hug, because he can't tell Namorita what's going to happen to her. {He ought to.} Reed said not to! {Who cares what Reed Richards says? He built a Negative Zone Prison! He neglected and belittled Sue to the point she developed an evil split personality! He killed Ben Grimm once! He saved Galactus!} Hey, saving Galactus worked out, he stopped Annihilus! {Bull, he destroyed a lot of the Annihilation Wave, but Nova is the one who stopped Annihilus. With an assist from Phyla.} But Galactus helped make that happen! {That's not the point! The point is, Reed's judgment is suspect!} Not about science stuff! {This is a matter of the heart! Science is irrelevant!} But this may be a Reed that hasn't done all those things yet! {See, now you're moving the goalposts. That's cheap.}

Are you going to argue with me about everything today? {You're the one arguing with me!} Am not! {Are too! Give me back my sweater!} No, I need something to keep me warm for the trip home! {That isn't going to help! It'll soak the water up like a sponge, and smell like wet panda for a week!} Are you saying I smell? {If the Smelly Baby Panda shoe fits. . .} Why you!

*sounds of fighting and arguing*

2 comments:

Seangreyson said...

Wolverine not mentioning that Atlas are good guys is getting to be a habit. Didn't he just do that when Atlas and the X-men went up against each other.

I think he just really wants a chance to kill the robot.

CalvinPitt said...

seangreyson: Well, when Atlas fought the X-Men, he still thought they were bad, didn't he? Jimmy Woo never got to finish explaining the truth about them the first time Atlas and the Avengers crossed paths.

But yeah, Wolverine definitely wants to tear M-11 apart.