Saturday, May 08, 2010

My Head Would Be In The Clouds, If There Were Any

It's a nice day outside. Windy and in the 60s, and a clear blue sky. Normally, I'd notice that while working, and it would bolster my mood, but for some reason I was unusually focused today, so I failed to appreciate it until after finishing work.

I was glancing at the sky while driving home, and strangely, the sky seemed to turn a deeper blue the longer I stared at it. I know it wasn't, but it seemed like it was. It might be a trick my eyes are playing. I feel like it might have something to do with the sky serving as a backdrop for all the leaves on the trees, and my mind's shifting what hue of blue it perceives the shy as to increase the difference.

Or it could be my pessimistic nature, warning me things are too nice. The forecasts are calling for rain, which is good and bad, in the next few days, so perhaps that weighs on my mind.

No comments: