Thursday, May 06, 2010

Where We Debate Monitor Placement And The Goodness Of Badgers

Calvin: {About time you got here. So I figure Deadpool earned some actual applause for how he. . . What?}

Adorable Baby Panda: You moved things around! I don't like change!

Calvin: {Unavoidable. I have to start sharing this space, and this is how things have to set until I can take some of the other stuff home next week.}

ABP: But the sun is shining across the screen! It's so hard to read!

Calvin: {True, but at least it isn't shining directly into our eyes anymore. Now do you really want to discuss my lack of interior design skills?}

Not really, no. {Good, because I was finding it crushingly dull.} It was pretty boring. The Juggernaut earned some Applause for saving New York. {From a problem he created.} Spider-Man tricked him into the concrete, so he started it. {After Juggy tried abduct someone, then left them to die.} You're the one always saying we should thank people who aren't normally good when they decide to do good, to encourage more of it, right? {Gah, hoist on one of my complaints about Scooby treatment of Spike in Buffy Season 6! Well-played.} Thank you. Now, Mr. Nguyen could use a Hug, since he knows how much he screwed up, but is trying to make it right. {He did screw up a lot, so perhaps he needs to be hit as well.} No. He's making amends, no hitting. {Oh ABP, ever the pacifist.}

Moondragon needs a Hug. {So does Drax.} Yeah, Hugs for Drax and Thanos. {Thanos?!} He didn't want to come back. {Yes, and he killed Phyla, who had nothing to do with his being brought back!} He might not be back if she'd done her job right! {Bullhockey! The Church of Truth was bringing him back before she ever agreed to work for Oblivion. Remember, I thought the cocoon was Magus all last year?} Oh yeah. Bonk for Thanos, too. {Thank you. Now how about Deadpool. He handled that thing in Georgia pretty well.} Yeah, Applause for Deadpool. He was pretty nice. He did threaten that agent. {Nah, he just reminded the guy that it wasn't cost-effective to hold Deadpool.} Uh-huh. Anyway, Darkhawk can use a Hug. {He can not catch a break these days. I wonder if the Shi'ar still want his head, or if Nova was able to clear that up?} I hope he did, I don't think Darkhawk could defend himself right now.

Power Girl gets Applause for trying to take the high road with Ultra-Humanite, and he gets a Bonk for not accepting it. {Never forget, villains are dumb.} Right. I'm giving Angry Badger Scientist a Bonk for working for Satanna. {No! You can't! Angry Badger Scientist is the greatest character find since Cosmo!} He's evil! {No, he's just cranky. It's not the same thing at all. I should know, I'm both of them occasionally.} I know more badgers than you, and even the cranky ones don't work for super-villains. Because they're good. {Maybe they did work for super-villains and you just don't know it. Lots of villains had weird assistants back in the day. I bet one of those old badgers worked for the Weaponers of Qward, or the Leader back in the '60s.} You're crazy!

2 comments:

SallyP said...

I do hope that angry Badger scientist comes out of all of this with his pelt intact, because he's adorable.

CalvinPitt said...

sallyp: I hold out hope he recognizes Satanna is a sinking ship and switches allegiances during her next throwdown with Power Girl.