Friday, June 10, 2011

I've Been Remiss In My Promoting

The Cape Girardeau Comic-Con is only two weeks away, and I haven't mentioned it yet. Sorry, I know that isn't much advance notice, but I was holding off until I confirmed Ken had the webpage up and running, and then I forgot to check until last night, and here it is!

I don't think I'm going to be able to make it, which is too bad. I'd have liked to at least seen how much Billy Tucci and Jeremy Haun were asking for sketches, to see if I could pick some up. Add to the New Warriors collection. Plus, I always throw some money around in the hopes it'll give the guests and vendors a positive attitude towards the show. Who knows? That desire may yet win out against the cost of getting there, and the lack of a 4-day weekend to make the trip on. Unless one of you has a personal teleportation device you're willing to let me borrow? That would eliminate the cost and time concerns entirely. It doesn't have to be entirely safe. I'll take a risk.

No? It's OK, I understand. If I had a personal teleporter, I'd hoard it, too.

In that case, use it yourself to visit the convention and spend some cash. It's Friday through Sunday, which is new, but it's still only $5 a day to get in. You can afford that. No, you can't use your teleporter to slip in without paying. What are you, a super-villain? A cheap super-villain, no less. Just go rob some banks, then you'll have plenty of money to spend. That's how the Rogues would do it, and you don't even have to worry about the Flash showing up to punch you 75 times in two seconds.

No comments: